- Offer bespoke advice as to the need for certification based on your product
- Strategise certification goals based on your intended market and timeframe
- Identify applicable CE and UKCA regulations relative to your product
- Streamline legislative requirements so you know what to do and when to do it
- Support you through the process of data collection, design verification and validation
- Interface with approved test houses using our industry links
- Audit your conformity of production process or setup new ones
- Compile supporting documentation – technical files & declarations of conformity
Projects we’ve been involved in:
- The Little Car Company / Electric Mobile Machinery – Machinery
- Supacat / Lifeboat Launch and Recovery System – Machinery
- Victor Mobility / Electric Mobility Scooter – Class 1 Medical Device
EU Authorised Representative
Products lawfully placed on the EU market (or in the UK) prior to 01 Jan 2021 can continue to circulate after 01 Jan 2021 with no action required.
After 01 Jan 2021, products placed in the UK can continue to use CE marking until 01 Jan 2023, then must use UKCA marking.
Products being made in the UK but supplied into the EU must still be CE marked as they are presently, but the UK manufacturer must have an EU authorised representative from 1 Jan 2021 if they use an authorised representative currently.
The EU does not recognise authorised representatives and responsible persons based in Great Britain.
If you’re required to, you need to appoint an authorised representative or responsible person based in the EU, EEA or Northern Ireland.
Appoint an authorised or responsible person
From 16 July 2021 a manufacturer is mandated to appoint an authorised representative (whether they have one or not) based in the EU or EEA if they sell goods into EU. For example, if you sell online and ship directly to the end user.
EU-based fulfilment service providers
From 16 July 2021, if you use an EU-based fulfilment service provider, they will need to request certain compliance information from you, and goods will need to be labelled with their details.
They may ask that you appoint an authorised representative who can fulfil these obligations instead.
Burgess Consulting new has an EU branch registered in Ireland, which can act as an authorised representative for CE marking and a manufacturers representative for EU type approval.