Safety and Environmental Risk Management
Burgess Consulting Limited (BCL) are focused on providing quality and effective safety risk management services to assist government institutions, prime contractors and commercial organisations to meet all their safety requirements.
BCL adhere to the current best practice provided by the Safety Case approach to safety risk management by providing robust and evidence-based arguments. BCL undertake a more formal approach to safety through a Safety Management System (SMS) that includes the requirement for explicit safety arguments presented in a Safety Case.
The Safety Case approach practiced by BCL uses a risk assessment process as described in:
- IEC 61508;
- Military Standard 882;
- Defence Standard 00-056;
- DSA02 DLSR LSSR and DSA03 DLSR LSSR;
- DSA02 DMR and JSP 340;
- ASEMS POSMS and POEMS and other applicable civil and military standards.
BCL has developed a comprehensive portfolio of safety and environmental management and analysis offerings. BCL’s services include:
- Safety and Environmental Management Systems and Plans.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment;
- Environmental aspects and impacts identification and assessment;
- Safety and Environmental Case authoring and management;
- Hazard Log and Environmental Features Matrix development and management;
- Compliance assessments;
- Development of Safety Policy, Regulation and Standards.
BCL provides safety and environmental risk management system support to UK MoD Programme Project Teams and defence Prime Contractors to facilitate compliance with Safety Policy and Procedures. BCL have a detailed knowledge and background of military equipment and platforms, supplemented by ex-service operators and maintainers who are included amongst our safety professionals.
BCL also provides advice to civilian organisations to facilitate compliance with civil legislation and guidance such as RIDDOR. The team at BCL are able to assist in implementing Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems to the latest standard ISO 45001-2018, and are able to assist clients with migration from the previous standard OHSAS 18001.